Either you forgot to do the assignment and the deadline is so very close, or you completely forgot and the deadline passed. Don’t start beating yourself up for forgetfulness just yet. We understand how daunting it can be to keep track of academic activities especially when the assignment was given at the beginning of the semester with an extended due date.
We at EssayBrother understand your plight too well and we have written this article just for you. So, whether you are in a hurry to beat a stringent deadline or the deadline has passed you still want to try your luck, read the whole of this article so that you are better equipped to make the right decision. You can trust us because EssayBrother is the best college essay writing service you could possibly find on the web.
- What to do if you forgot to submit an assignment and the deadline is passed
- Top reasons you can give for not meeting an assignment deadline
- What to do if the deadline for an assignment is too close for you to meet up
- Why choose EssayBrother as your essay writing plug?
- What do we require from you?
What to do if you forgot to submit an assignment and the deadline is passed
So, the deadline has passed? Not to worry. Here are a few things you can do to make sure you do not miss the marks assigned to the assignment anyway.
1. Inform the professor about it with good reason
It would be advisable to do this before the due date passes so that it does not give the impression that you were negligent. And have a good reason for your lateness in submission. You should remember that your professors are human too and they want you to succeed. You can send an email to that effect, endeavoring to sound as polite and contrite as possible. Remember you are trying to appeal to his/her humanity. However, it may be much more brilliant to go see the professor in person so that you can appeal your case with no reason for misconceptions.
When informing the professor of your reason for lateness, apart from being polite, bear in mind the following
- Give tenable reasons. Don’t just give reasons, it must be a good enough reason to warrant the lateness. Excuses like illness or family emergencies can be much more readily forgiven than simply saying you forgot.
- Don’t push the blame. Taking responsibility for your tardiness is a good way to show that you are responsible and not a truant. Sometimes when you have a good reason, the fact that you are not taking responsibility for your actions might make the professor feel like teaching you a lesson that will impart your CGPA. So, take responsibility and be contrite.
- Remember to say there will not be a repeat of tardiness. Making a habit out of tardiness is not a good thing. So, a promise of not repeating the lateness could earn you a bit more favor with the professor.
2. Submit anyway
Even though the deadline is passed, if the platform for submission is still open, you can go ahead and submit anyway. It is less dangerous to turn in your assignment after the deadline has passed than to not submit it at all. Of course, there could be a penalty for late submission but it cannot be as terrible as not turning it in. Another way is that if you have informed your professor about the reasons that you may not be able to submit as at when due but he is insisting you do, go ahead and submit whatever you have in the meantime. As said earlier, it is better to submit something than to be marked absent.
3. Ask the professor for a deadline extension
Asking for an extension is not a crime. You should just send an email to the professor or meet him in person to request an official extension. Some schools may require you to write the examination board to ask for an extension. So, find out which applies to your school and go for it. Most often, when you have a good enough reason to ask for the extension, you would be granted the extension so far you do not make it a habit of always turning in your papers late.
Top reasons you can give for not meeting an assignment deadline
To help you get the extension or the saving grace you need to turn in that assignment anyway, here are a few tenable excuses you can give to your professor for being tardy. Remember, you have to be convincing in your approach to make it acceptable.
- Illness or accident – if you are ill and you have a doctor’s report, the chances are quite high that you would be given an extension or waiver for not turning up for the assignment on time. It would be wickedness on the part of the professor to expect you to do an assignment while on a sick bed.
- Family emergencies – you could have family emergencies like a death in the family, a family member getting sick and hospitalized, you have to cater to your baby or sick parent because the caregiver did not show up, or any other related thing. Such cases are tenable reasons for not submitting an assignment when it was due.
- Got deadlines mixed up – there could be many assignments to submit around the same period and getting deadlines mixed up is not something far fetched. So, if that happens to you, you can seek an extension from your professor, especially if you are almost done with it.
- Power outage – on the rare occasion that this occurs, it is usually newsworthy. In such cases, presenting a power outage as a reason for late submission of an assignment is good as there will not be electricity to power your laptop which is quite understandable.
What to do if the deadline for an assignment is too close for you to meet up
For some reason, you may have forgotten that the assignment is due and when you do realize, the time for submission is so near there is no hope of meeting up. What then do you do?
Don’t start panicking just yet. Just scream something like “write my assignment please” and we know the one who can help you with it, no matter how stringent the deadline is. One such writing help service is EssayBrother. The services we provide are top-notch and at affordable prices that even a high school student can afford. And we are trustworthy too so there is no fear of being exposed as not having done the assignment yourself.
Why choose EssayBrother as your essay writing plug?
The uniqueness of our services at EssayBrothers is summarized as follows
Experienced writers in all academic fields
All our writers come highly qualified and recommended as evidenced by our testimonials. Our recruitment processes ensure that our team of writers are the best in their fields with maximum dedication to writing a first-class essay, just for you. The least qualification of our writers is a bachelor’s degree which is why a good number are doctors of philosophy. What that implies is that they have experience in academic writing that will earn you the mark that you truly deserve.
You do not have to worry if the citation style or other formatting styles are unique to your university. Because we write tailor-made essays, specific to each client, you are sure to get exactly what you requested.
High quality-price ratio
The quality of essays you get from our writers is incomparable to the price you are paying in that we give high-quality essays at affordable prices. All our services are affordable and will not dent your purse in any way.
Your time zone does not matter, we always have an operative to attend to your writing needs around the clock. This is because we have operators from all over the world working with us
Apart from the fact that our writers will not copy someone else’s essay for you, we use plagiarism checkers such as Turnitin as proof to you that the essay you are getting from us is not plagiarized. You simply cannot find something that looks like or is exactly like anything we have written to you.
You may ask, what if I need revisions? Of course, you are free to ask your writer for revisions until you are satisfied with the essay or assignment. Asking us for revisions is your right especially if the writer made omissions or errors that could adversely impact the paper in its entirety.
What do we require from you?
ü Click the request a writer button.
ü Fill out the form including everything you will need from your writer, including citation format, outline, and deadline.
ü Wait for our operator to connect you to the writer.
ü Get your essay written on or before the due date.
ü Request for revisions if necessary.
Very simple and easy, right? Why not give it a go now? We are waiting to hear from you.
Forgetting to turn in your essay is not bad in itself but making it a habit is. So, to avoid stories that touch, ask for help before it is too late. EssayBrother is available for all your writing needs including thesis and dissertation writing. We can also help you draft a proposal that will get approved by your mentor. Just give us a try today.
1. Is there a penalty for late submission of assignments?
Of course. Being penalized for late submission of assignments serves as a deterrent to other students not to be so tardy as well. Penalties usually come in the form of losing some credits or not getting the full mark you truly deserve. That is why it is important to do your assignment as soon as it is given and turn it in on time too.
2. Will missing the submission for an assignment impact my grade?
If the marks awarded to that assignment is huge, for example, a term paper, be sure that your grade will be affected. That is because failure to submit means that you are losing that chunk of the mark. It will even be more pronounced if that course requires no other form of grading systems like a test or exam. So, all you would be banking on is attendance which usually carries low marks.
3. How often can I miss a submission deadline before being penalized?
Making a habit out of late submission is not something you want to be a part of your resume in the university system. Most often, professors will allow you one time of grace and thereafter you may be severely penalized. Therefore, it will be advisable that you endeavor to turn in your assignment when due as often as possible to avoid such.
4. Will my professor know if I seek help on my assignment?
Unless you have been known for a particular writing style, your professor can’t be absolutely sure that you have help with your assignment. However, to avoid any suspicion, you could go through the assignment and make minimal modifications in your own words before the final submission.
5. Is it legal to use a writing service for a university paper?
There is no law against seeking writing help especially when you cannot avoid it. This is why established authors and bloggers seek out ghostwriters all the time. The most important thing is that you could request a particular writing style to ensure that what is being written on your behalf is as close as possible to what you would have written if you got the chance.
6. How can I get the motivation to write a missing assignment?
Well, the first motivation should be that you do not want to fail the course. So, even if you are feeling lazy or the subject matter is just too difficult for you to comprehend, talk less about writing something worthwhile on it, the best way to be motivated is to start somewhere. Even if it makes no sense yet, by the time you write a few lines, probably write an outline, going through repositories of articles on similar topics can propel you along. Before you know it, you would have a fully-fledged article that is ready for submission.