Are you too fascinated by the world of live streaming and want to join in?
Live streaming sounds fun and good, but there are a lot of things to consider. Both technical and non-technical, there is so much to keep in mind while you’re starting your first stream!
People assume that they’re all sorted if they have the right hardware and devices, but that’s not it! There are also numerous other components and peripherals to get started, including the right online platforms.
There are so many online platforms and OTT apps from where you can live stream. And one of them is Twitch!
So, what’s Twitch, and how to stream on Twitch?
Twitch is an interactive streaming platform for gaming, entertainment, sports, and more. On this platform, people can smoothly broadcast their live vlogs and videos online, such as playing video games, cooking, and more.
These days, Twitch has become a popular streaming platform, and everyone is using it. Initially, Twitch was started as a gaming-first platform, but now content creators worldwide are using it for different genres.
Broadcasting on Twitch isn’t complicated, but there are steps that you’ve to follow to Livestream your content smoothly. There are many tools and devices that you can use to live stream, such as the twitch bitrate calculator. This tool can quickly calculate the best settings, like the minimum and maximum bitrate for your live stream.
Here’s an easy-to-follow guide on how to stream on Twitch:
1. The first step is to make a Twitch account. You can also download the Twitch app on your Android and iOS smartphones.
2. Don’t forget to read and follow the Community Guidelines and Terms of Services. To provide the best experience to your viewers, you can also establish your moderation settings and check the safety settings before starting your first stream.
3. Customize and personalize your account and channel. With the Twitch app, you can modify the account’s settings, such as profile photo and bio, via your smartphone. If you want your business to be reflected on your channel page, customize the settings. This way, new viewers can easily know about your brand and what you do.
4. The next step is to optimize the hardware setup! Find the best hardware to stream your audio and visuals according to the content you’re creating. This hardware doesn’t need to be expensive or complicated. For example, if you want to live stream yourself playing games, a Playstation or Xbox is all you need!
5. The next step is vital for every content creator who wants their content out there. It is to select the setup of the right broadcasting software. Twitch is a first-party streaming software that helps you to set up and start live streaming in minutes. This software automatically detects your microphone, webcam, and other connected devices. It offers pre-loaded starter layouts to help you personalize your stream’s look.
Once you follow all the above steps, you’re ready to start your live stream!
So, these are the simple steps to know about how to stream on twitch. You can also add a few extensions to your channel for a better experience. Make sure to check the twitch bitrate calculator to make sure that your audience is able to watch your stream without any sort of buffering or lag.