When you first received your hairpiece, you might have been excited about the idea and thrilled to keep it looking good for as long as possible. However, after a while, this may become too difficult, especially if you have sensitive or thinning hair or if wearing a hairpiece is just not that important to you. In this blog post, we will discuss how you can maintain your hairpiece in order to ensure that it lasts as long as possible!
How to Maintain a Hair Piece
In order to keep your hairpiece looking its best, there are a few simple steps you can take to maintain it.
1. Wash your hairpiece once a week in cool water with a mild soap. Make sure to rinse thoroughly and towel dry.
2. If you experience any build-up on your hairpiece, simply use a brush or your fingers to remove the buildup.
3. Apply a light coating of hairspray to your hairpiece every day or as needed for added protection.
4. Store your hairpiece in a cool, dark place when not in use.
Here are another tips to help make your experience more comfortable and successful:
1. Get a good fit: A well-fitting toupee will be more comfortable and less likely to cause headaches or neck pain. A professional hair stylist can help you find the right size and style for your head.
2. Wash it often: Toupees can accumulate sweat and other debris over time, which can lead to an unpleasant odor. Make sure to wash it at least once a week using mild shampoo and water.
3. Protect it from UV exposure: Toupees are particularly sensitive to the sun, which can cause them to fade or become brittle. To protect your toupee, always keep it covered when not in use and use sunscreen when outside.
4. Maintain its appearance: Regular trims may be necessary to keep your toupee looking its best. Use a sharp pair of scissors to cut the hair close to the scalp but not so close that you remove too much hair or expose the skin underneath the toupee.